Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day...Sad Day

Last night I had no where to sleep.  My DH & I don't sleep together because he snores UNCONTROLLABLY & my son had invited his friend for a sleep over so I was out in the cold.  I was going to make an effort & attempt to sleep with my DH, but when I went into the room after watching SNL, the mattress pad was crooked & I had about 18 inches to sleep on.  I tried to get my DH to get up so I could fix it but he just flipped over to his other side & continued to snore.  I dragged my pillows to the living room & set up the blow up mattress. As I finish & lay on it my DH comes out & says "Oh I'll sleep there if you really want me to." Uh, that's OK I got this.  In the morning it was Mother's Day! He woke up said good morning & asked me if I wanted him to make me breakfast. Is it me or should he just do this at least on this day without asking? So of course I said no thanks.  He eats, gets dressed & leaves.  My son & his friend get up & are out & about in the house & my son's friend comes up to me & gives me a kiss saying Happy Mother's Day! My son, came over about 10 minutes later & asks his friend if he had said Happy Mother's Day to me & FINALLY turns to me himself & gives me a 1/2 assed kiss on the cheek. My husband comes home & FINALLY turns to me & says Happy Mother's Day gives me a gift I had said I didn't want & my son gives me a card that he didn't buy stating the following:

Happy Mother's Day mother!
I hope you get a motherload of motherly love today.
From: The King of the Dipshits!

Aren't I just the lucky one? You're jealous right?

My DH gets a bottle of water & asks me if I want to go for his famous ride to nowhere (I'll blogg about that adventure some other time) in which I say no thank you. I turn to my son & give him a card to fill out for his grandmother & tell him when he fills it out to take the plant we bought for her to her house (she leaves literally around the corner from us).  That was at 12:00. At 3:00 my DH tells my son to get ready to go to his mom's house & I say he still has to go to my mom's house & since I told him at 12:00 I start to lose my mind. As he continues to play his X-Box with one hand & get dressed with the other & alternating writing I completely lose my mind & start unplugging TVs, X-Boxes, whatever had a plug.

As I sit here it's 6:30 p.m. & neither my DH or my son has spent any time with me on Mother's Day.

Aren't I just the lucky one? You're jealous right?


No comments:

Post a Comment